Monday, July 28, 2014

"I'm NOT praying for you" doesn't mean "Sometimes people don't get healed."


Posted at Bene Diction Blogs On June 16 2014

Justin Peters' confrontation with Todd Bentley, blogged about here a few days ago, appears to be  a story that "has legs" as we used to put it back in my old newsroom.

Latest on it is the Christian Post, which moves the story forward by Quoting extensively from a video that Bentley has just cited on his website. Lots of talk about people not being healed , no matter hat you try to do.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/healing-evangelist-todd-bentley-tells-man-with-cerebral-palsy-im-not-giving-you-my-anointing-after-he-calls-him-a-fraud-at-crusade-121611/

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/5907873/events/3045871

But sadly, this latest information helps to reveal that Todd Bentley hasn't thought out his theology. He doesn't act as if he believes it. So Justin Peters had to leave as he interfered with Todd Bentley's "show."

But as the headline writer at Christian Post noted, Bentley told Peters at about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854RV7r1Xxo

0:25 of the video, Bentley says "I'm not giving you my anointing because I have nothing to give." Meaning that he wasn't going to pray for him.

The video shows Peters being taken away from a mike. Bentley makes no motion to pray for him.

Bentley saying that he has "nothing to give

"http://www.benedictionblogson.com/2014/06/10/todd-bentley-denies-gods-omnipresence/

denies God's omniscience and omnipotence. Surely Charismatics like Bentley believe that God can heal at any time, and is not limited by circumstance?

If it is up to God, why not give it a try? Faith like a "mustard seed", you know, especially for charismatics.

And besides, isn't the Todd Bentley show based on miracles, so much so that he can promise them in his ads? "Bait and switch" is for used car salesmen.

Rather "I'm NOT" giving my anointing, properly understood means he will not do it, or he can't do healings. I interpret this as '"won't" as he doesn't qualify "my anointing" at that moment.

If "anointings" can come and go, then Bentley needs to let people know up front and let them leave his meeting.

"I'm not going to give you my anointing" implies a sureness in order to encourage his audience. Implying a sureness you do not feel--as evidenced by his new video. It is a bit dishonest.