Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Lenin and McCartney

Blogger Sisu thinks that Elvis Presley was the most effective anti-Communist ever. I like Elvis a bit, but I wouldn't agree with that. Elvis wouldn't have lasted five seconds in the Gulag.

David Noebel would certainly disagree that Elvis should be a hero of the right. His Communism, Hypnotism and The Beatles theorized that Folk Music was a communist conspiracy.

I don't have a copy of that pamphlet, but I do own Noebel's 1966 book Rhythym, Riots and Revolution. I bought the latter book, which seems to expand upon the pamphlet's thesis, in a Prince George bookstore 15 years ago while I was treeplanting. It cost $10, but I reasoned "I will never see this book for sale again." And I've never seen it since. It was worth the purchase price alone to see the reaction of the editors of the very liberal student newspaper that I wrote for, when I brought it in to the office. One of them started scanning parts of the book so he could e-mail them to other people.

Oh well, at least I haven't bought records by The Goldwaters, the pro-Barry folk group from 1964 ["Our album wasn't 'nearly' unlistenable...it *was* completely unlistenable."]. Although, I must say that
anti-Communist chanteuse Janet Greene was pretty. Catchy lyrics too. :)