Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It was a dark and stormy night

Kathy Shaidle has been tagged with the latest meme contest. It challenges bloggers to take the fifth sentence of their 23rd post and turn it into a short story.

In my case, it would be "posted by Rick", which I could turn into the lyrics of a mambo song more easily than the start of a story.

Kathy, in response, posts her first poem "Contacts with Trotskyites."

Looking at my posts near my 23rd post, I see that there are few fifth sentences in these posts as my posts tended to be short. The closest valid fifth sentence of a post is: "Many of B.C.'s non-Vancouver papers have small staffs, so they tend to concentrate their resources on what is important to their readers." I don't have a post idea, I have the winning opening sentence of the next Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest!