Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I'm going to kick your butt Saturday night at the PNE Agrodome!"

Wrestling fans who remember the BCTV broadcasts of All-Star Wrestling might be interested in these post threads at Kayfabe Memories about Vancouver's main wrestling promotion of the 1970s and 1980s. I vaguely remember Gene Kiniski and host Ron Morrier (the sponsor was Fred Asher Clothes for Men)...but I think that I was more interested in the Tarzan and monster movies showed at the same time on Saturday on US TV stations.

There's a handful of videos of this All-Star Wrestling on YouTube. Check out this footage, from the later era when Ed Karl was host, of a young "Ricky Rudd" wrestling. You'd know him better as Ravishing Rick Rude of WWF fame!



Not that I have ever paid any attention to wrestling, of course.... :) (When I was in college, my parents and I did not have cable TV, so the best option on Saturday afternoon was the WWF broadcasts on local television.)