Sunday, January 16, 2005

I'm Schnappi the little Crocodile!

Treppenwitz has the scoop on Schnappi das kleine Krokodil, a reportedly cute song about a little crocodile sung by a little German girl.

The song has just hit number one on the German pop charts!

I haven't heard the song yet, but my vote for most endearingly annoying kid-sung song still goes to Lille Eris' "I Want A Little Dog!" (Jeg Vil Ha En Liten Hund), as immortalized on the Incorrect Music (RIP) radio show.

By the way, Lille Eris fans may be pleased to see this recent clipping from a Norwegian newspaper about the now grown up Lille Eris Magnussen. I can't read Norwegian, but I'm hazarding a guess that it seems to talk about her getting 30,000 kroner in back royalties for her 1967 hit song, warbled when she was an 11 year-old chanteuse.