Saturday, March 05, 2005

The sounds of your life

Kevin Michael Grace has come up with an interesting, and perhaps revealing, parlour game:

I've invented a new game, which I'll share with you. I call it Memento Mori, and I suppose it's a variation of Desert Island Discs. "If you could choose one piece of music to be played at your funeral, what would it be?" Again, I'm not interested in "appropriate responses"; I want to expose character. (But you could recast this game into a two-parter as well.) If you'd like the funeral march from Eroica to send you off, that's fine. If you'd prefer "Hey Ya!", "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down," "Misty Mountain Hop" or "Hippy Hippy Shake," that's fine too. I make no moral judgements.

He promises to post responses from those that he knows, either in person, or from their writing.

I'll need to think about this, which is hard to do this early on Saturday morning. I'll post something later.

By the way, I wouldn't pick "I Want To Be Sedated" as a waggish choice for Kevin. I think that weisenheimer picks for KMG would include some of the works of Edith Piaf, perhaps the most depressing popular singer ever. I don't think he will be picking "Don't Worry, Be Happy" :)