Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Suffer the little congregants

{Posted at Bene Diction Blogs On June 21 2012] There's an interesting cover story in the current Christianity Today.

"When Are We Going To Grow Up?" uses a historical approach to make the argument that the American church (and perhaps by extension the North American church) is increasingly catering to spiritual immaturity.

If we give it a read, we can see that there are two sides to what is going on. One side sees declining standards and spiritual illiteracy while the other might be seeing that finally the church is responding to people's real felt needs and it merely looks like immaturity.

I'm not sure where I fall on this--as I would like to think my own church is pretty mature--but it does provide something interesting to think about. So, that's why I put the link up. Christianity Today being pretty conservative, I can understand why old-fashionedness is a virtue to them, right or wrong.