Saturday, July 26, 2014

Two odd things about Bob Jones visiting from heaven

[Posted at Bene Diction Blogs On, April 24, 2014}
Bobby Conner believes that the late "prophet" Bob Jones visited him in a vision. I'd suggest there is reason to go "I dunno" in response. Perhaps even two.

Conner, using The Elijah List, excitedly shared his experience yesterday [April 23] by e-mail. You may read it here
http//elijahlist.com/words/display_word.html?ID=13358
He states that he is well aware that Jones has passed away. But he passes on what "Jones" has to say for encouragement, namely that there is a big revival coming. Conner grants the message great credence and validity.

Let's grant, for argument's sake. that Christians can have heaven-related experiences and should seek them. [I know that many do not agree. But, I hope to suggest that even by Conner's own standards, there is reason to wonder.]

Conner's description of "Jones" may puzzle. He writes (emphasis mine):
Bob simply stepped into my study. I did not need to open the window, he just walked right in. His appearance was incredible: He was firm and fit, and he was dressed in a wonderful, soft, beautiful, elegant, white robe past his waist down below his knees, like a long shirt. His hair was extremely white and glistening. I was amazed at his skin: It was without blemish, white and soft, and his smile was truly radiant and beautiful. His eyes were bigger than normal and extremely clear, sparkling like that of an excited child.
In various accounts where people say they have visited heaven, they say that the people therein are in the prime of their life, say in their late 20s or ealy 30s, in perfact phsyical shape. Colton Burpo, subject of Heaven Is For Real. met his great grandfather in heaven, an the great grandfather appeared to be around 30 years old in appearance.
It would be logical, if you discount Burpo, to assume that the "you" in heaven would be a perfect, adult "you".

Well then, why does "Jones" have "white" hair like the Man From Glad? If he still old in heaven?

I'm also reminded of the Biblical example of The Witch of Endor's encounter with Samuel, called back from the afterlife. Let"S assume The Bible means what it say and says what it means here.

Let's note 1 Samuel 28:15, where Samuel complains to Saul: “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”

Evidently Samuel was called away from a very pleasant place,wherever he was. He had been "disturbed" by being called away to answer a whiny, doomed king.

Let's compare that to the reaction of "Jones" in Conner's vision.
I was so excited to see my dear friend, I said, "I've been expecting this meeting! And looking forward to it." He quickly replied in an excited tone, "Me too!" His next words were, "You are doing fine!" And he said, placing both hands on his chest, "And I am doing wonderful."

Samuel, in the Biblical account, is perturbed. "Jones" is "looking forward" to being called away from the pleasures of heaven like a waiter at a diner with an eagerly awaited overdue order of cheeseburgers.

If people I know and love are in heaven, I'd understand if they were not bothered in order to cater to me.)