Friday, July 02, 2010

Deborah Gyapong on ants and Marci McDonald

[Originally posted at Bene Diction Blogs on, May 12, 2010]

Deborah Gyapong, the noted Canadian conservative journalist, continues to be dismayed with what she sees as the "you scratch my back..." press coverage of Marci McDonald's book.

I mention this to thank her for her mention of my post from yesterday. I couldn't make this comment on her blog.

If she is trying to comment, at my expense, that more than so-cons attended the National Prayer Breakfast yesterday, she would of course be quite correct. However, I might also be correct in that you'd expect to see mostly so-cons of various faiths. Lots of Christians, too, which would make it a good news peg if you were publishing McDonald's book.

No matter, I'll be keeping an eye out for other thoughtful things she may have to say. But, I am happy to help Bene D, the main fellow here at Bene Diction Blogs On, try to report on all that's going on with the reaction to the book.

(The Armageddon Factor? I probably will have some grave issues with the book once I finish it. I suspect that Deborah Gyapong and I might agree on some things about it...given the many years that I happily reported for a living, with a conservative point of view.)