Saturday, July 03, 2010

Why does Faytene Kryskow call herself "F18"?

[Originally posted at bene Diction Blogs On, June 22, 2010]

Evangelist Faytene Kryskow has put up a noble sentiment on Twitter recently. But it's one that might make her critics wonder a bit what she is on about.

Back on March 5, she Tweeted this:

There is not greater ecstasy than the presence of God which touches the soul of a wo/man. I live for THAT. - F18

5:21 PM Mar 5th via web
Faytene
Faytene Kryskow


I think that is an excellent quote, myself, but I wondered who this "F18" person is who Faytene quotes.

Why, according to her YouTube page, it is Faytene herself. The name of the creator on the profile? One "F18".

I would think what she Tweeted is a fine thing to say, myself. But I would wonder why she would want to nickname herself after the prominent US military fighter aircraft, especially when there are many in the blogosphere and media who wonder about how "militaristic" Faytene might be. Especially when she could just not attribute the quote, as it is hers, and just appeal to any nobler aspects of what she may be trying to do.

Trying to refute critics such as Marci McDonald who are concerned that Faytene has a dominionist, take over the world mindset? Well, good luck with that, Faytene, as you play into their hands.

Or should I say "Miss F18"? ;)